Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sandcastles in the Sand



I organized a CD swap in my office and our official exchange day is tomorrow. I sent out an email inviting people to participate, and 26 people ended up signing up. I assigned everyone to random groups of 5-6 people, and everyone had two weeks to make a mix for each person in their group. Though not mandatory, themed mixes were encouraged. An extra copy for the genius organizer was also encouraged--I've already gotten a few CDs so I'm really excited for tomorrow. It's gonna be like Christmas.

Because it's still too cold, I decided to make a summer-themed mix, with songs that remind me of summer. Here's the playlist:

# dance dance dance--Lykke Li
# Fireworks--Animal Collective
# Postcards from Italy--Beirut
# What is the Light--The Flaming Lips
# Dry the Rain--Beta Band
# Strange Lights--Deer Hunter
# Summer Afternoon--The Kinks
# One Kiss Don't Make a Summer--Lucky Soul
# I Sing I Swim-- Seabear
# The Sun Goes Down and the World Goes Dancing--Magnetic Fields
# Electric Feel--MGMT
# Kim and Jessie--M83
# I Wish I Was the Moon Tonight--Neko Case
# Shady Lane--Pavement
# Bag of Hammers--Thao Nguyen and the Getdown
# Walcott--Vampire Weekend
# Modern Nature--Sondre Lerche
# This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)--Talking Heads

The swap got a lot of buzz and everyone seems to be having a lot of fun with it. I'm already planning another iteration for summer and have begun contemplating what my next theme will be. Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment